Positive and responsive interactions between children, teachers, and parents nurture relationships to support a peaceful atmosphere where cultural diversity is recognized and valued.
We are proud of the many strengths or special features that our kindergarten offers families. Some of these include:
- Environmental awareness – gardening, observing, exploring and nurturing the environment
- Self help and self care skills – toileting, handwashing, karakia and healthy eating. (We provide a healthy morning tea every day for the children. This includes fresh fruit and vegetables, homemade dips e.g hummus and bean dip, plus other wholesome foods.)
- Social awareness and competence – We support children to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will foster ongoing relationships with others.
- Literacy and Numeracy – This is integrated into planned and spontaneous experiences with children. Our teachers have all completed a Ministry of Education literacy programme to ensure our teaching practice is aligned to what is recognised to be ‘best practice’ to support children’s learning.
- Celebrating language and cultural diversity – We use te reo Maori and English at the kindergarten and we are committed to extending our knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- The Arts – We enjoy dancing, singing, performing, making music, listening to music as well as exploring a range of visual art experiences with children.